Show Notes for Ep. 51 "A.M. Dellamonica and Kelly Robson"
Mary Anne Mohanraj takes a deep dive with authors A. M. Dellamonica and Kelly Robson on their writing, dealing with impostor syndrome, how to provide compelling characterization, setting fantasy in North America, and the writer’s life. This interview is a part of the Portolan Project, an initiative to provide a wealth of exceptional creative writing courses and resources.
Find out more about the Portolan Project here: https://speculativeliterature.org/portolan-project/
Recorded 2022 / Published August 7, 2023
- 0:00:00 – guest introduction, and Canadian publishing and grant system
- 0:04:42 – on Robson’s entry into genre fiction and dealing with imposter syndrome
- 0:14:05 – on Dellamonica’s writing and setting fantasy in North America
- 0:26:49 – on the ideas Robson is drawn to in her novellas
- 0:36:18 – on characterization
- 0:43:30 – on the writing life
- 0:57:46 – concluding promotions
Organized by order of appearance.